IDM (Internet Download Manager) is by far one of the best download software for computers. It’s the simplicity and user-friendly interface that make it so popular. IDM is used by millions of people to download different sorts of things like movies, games, files, videos, etc. And the best part about IDM is its support of resume capability. This capability allows you to continue you unfinished download starting from where you left previously.
Although IDM is comparatively faster than many other download software, many people are still not satisfied with the download speed of IDM. But not to worry because there is a special method to speed up your IDM speed by up to 2 times.
How To Double IDM speed?
The steps to double IDM speed are given below:
- Firstly, open IDM and click on Download from the menus bar
- Next, you have to go to the Speed Limiter menu and check the turn on the option. By default, it is turned off.
- Again go to Speed Limiter menu from Downloads menu and click on settings. A pop-up screen will appear where you will see the default downloading speed limited to 10 Kbps. You can modify this limit as per your need and internet speed. There will also be a note saying that “Internet servers may break the connection when the speed is too limited! Thus it’s not recommended to use Speed Limiter to download from servers that do not support “resume” feature”. Its advisable not to use this method for such downloads.
- Edit the speed limit in accordance with your internet speed. If your internet speed is 2 MBPS, you can set the limit to 2000 KBPS. IDM will capture your entire speed for downloading one particular file. If you wish to browse the internet while downloading, then don’t assign the whole of your speed. By doing this, you’ll be able to browse and download at the same time.
- Click OK.
- Once Again head over to Downloads menu and click options. Go to the Connection tab and click on the drop down menu then select the last option High Speed.
Click OK and begin downloading your files. You should see the difference in speed.