WordPress is an online, open source website creation tool written in PHP and MySQL. It is undoubtedly the best and the most powerful blogging and website content management system (CMS) for publishers. It is completely free of cost. It was released on May 27, 2003, and now it has become the most popular blogging system. Over 60 million blogs use WordPress.
How to Change WordPress Blog Theme?
So you want to learn how to change WordPress blog theme. There are tons of themes available on WordPress. The best part is that they are free and can be installed on your blog in no time. WordPress also gives you the freedom to install and third party theme on your blog. You can find thousands of such themes on the internet. Below are the steps for installing a new theme on WordPress:
- First of all, log in to your WordPress blog. If you are not sure how to log in, just enter your blog URL and add /wp-login at the end. It looks exactly like this: http://www.yourblog.com/wp-admin/. The login page looks exactly like this.
- After logging in, you need to click on the Themes option from the Appearance menu which appears on the left pane.
- After clicking, you’ll be able to see some themes which you can install. Remember that there are lots of themes available on WordPress. You can use the search box to search themes otherwise browse between the most popular and the newest ones. You also have the option to upload a theme file from your computer. For that, you need to click the “Upload Theme”. Take a look at the picture below.
- If you wish to see how your blog would look after applying new theme with actually installing, you can choose preview option for that.
- Once you decide which theme you want to install on your blog, click the install button and your theme will be updated instantly.
WordPress is the best of all blogging platforms. It supports various features like installing a theme, plugin, widget, and much more. Although there are various themes on WordPress already, there exist many people who wish to install a theme of their very own choice. WordPress does not disallow doing that. One can install any supported theme. That’s just one out of many features.
Thank you for reading this article. We appreciate your visit to our blog. Kindly let us know if you face any trouble in installing a WordPress theme. Have a great day.